Please sign in to post.

Paris apartments

My niece and I are going to Paris towards the end of March 2022. We would like to stay 4 nights in a hotel to get the lay of the land, then 5 nights in an apartment. Has anyone had good luck with finding something under 200 dollars a night? I seem to remember something about serviced apartments but cannot find the mention of this now. Thanks so much.

Posted by
1097 posts

Le Prince Regent in the 6th.
https://www.leprinceregent.com/
It's an apartment that is run like a hotel. Different sized accommodations and discount for 4+ nights. You could stay the full time and not have to move.

Posted by
2311 posts

You might get more feedback if you post this under the main France page, not under hotel and restaurant reviews. Also, if you give some details on what you’re looking for in an apartment (1 br, two beds, full kitchen, laundry, etc) we might be able to offer suggestions. What is the advantage of staying in a hotel first instead of an apartment?

We’ve rented apartments (preferably 2br/2ba with laundry) all over Europe for a family of 4. It was really challenging in Paris. But you’ll have an easier time with just 2 people. Our last stay in Paris was 5 nights in November 2019. We ended up staying in an “apartment” at the Residence des Artes. Their “apartments” are actually two separate hotel rooms. One room with queen bed, bathroom with shower, mini fridge. The other room is a jr suite with sitting room with desk, tv kitchenette (fridge, microwave and stove top) and sofa bed separated from the bedroom with king bed and tons of storage. Huge bathroom with big tub and separate shower. Fabulous location. Everything we would look for in an apartment except laundry. For two people, the jr suite would be very nice with some space to spread out and a mini kitchen.

Posted by
16231 posts

I have recommended Vacation in Paris many times and will again. This is an agency that have been around for many years with excellent recommendations from many sources. Their office is in the US, so you pay in dollars and have no communication issues. They have apartments all over Paris, all “legal” under the Paris regulations for short-term rentals.

https://www.vacationinparis.com/index.php

I set the filters for a one-bedroom apartment in the $$ price range (under $250 a night). They came up with 10 options, including this apartment which we rented when we were in Paris with our 2 daughters 15 years ago (It has been updated and re-decorated). It is on the 1st floor, so one flight of stairs (no elevator). The location is excellent if you want to be in the 7th. The price for 2 people in March is $160 a night.

https://www.vacationinparis.com/listing/56/eiffel-hideaway-one-bedroom

Posted by
46 posts

Thank you everyone for the replies. I really appreciate it.

Posted by
5581 posts

I've never paid more than 100 euro for a hotel in Paris. It depends on what you are looking for.

Posted by
5513 posts

Lola, How do you know that the Vacation in Paris apartments are legal rentals? I couldn’t find registration numbers on their listings, but could be missing something. I’ve rented from them 3 times (and thought they were great), but the last time was back in 2013 before the short-term rental rules were being enforced. I’ve shied away from apartments in Paris since then.

Regina, you could also consider aparthotels and stay all 9 nights in one place. I’ve seen Citadines mentioned several times, but have no personal experience with this chain.