Please sign in to post.

Nice Hotel

My husband and I will be disembarking in Nice from an 11 night cruise. We would like to find a nice, but reasonable hotel to stay in for a night or two before we fly back home.

Posted by
16893 posts

There are airport buses from Nice's inland train station and from the waterfront areas, so you have options in that respect, or might want to use the private Nice Airport Shuttle service. Do you have any specific budget or other preferences that might help other commenters? Rick's France or Provence guidebooks compare his many recommendations (but the Cruise Ports book does not). Of those, I'll suggest www.hotelalbert-1er.com, near Vieux Nice and the stop for airport bus #98.

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed at Hotel Durante four years ago. It is close to the train station in a quiet cul-de-sac. The hotel is nice, has an elevator and a good breakfast. The breakfast cost extra then. I believe that airport buses leave from in front of the station.

Posted by
795 posts

One comfy hotel with the best location right on the French Riviera along the Promenade des Anglais is the lovely Radisson Blu. They have rooms and suites with beautiful decor and cozy beds plus free high speed internet. They have a private beach on the Riviera and an outdoor pool with wonderful scenery. You can get room service and there is a delicious buffet breakfast. The bus that goes to and from the airport stops right outside so you can ride there from the airport and then walk out and ride bus back to the airport.

To see the hotel and its rooms and other offerings, visit www.radissonblu.com/hotel-nice You can choose the language you want to see the site in.

Posted by
11507 posts

We stayed a nice budget type hotel.. with a huge balcony and air conditioning.. but while nice it certainly was not fancy.. so what is your budget??

For those interested it was well under 100 euros and as I said.. had air conditioning, nice staff and a good location( plus we had a huge balcony).. Hotel Solara.. a two star though..