Please sign in to post.

NIce, France hotels

Any recommendations for a good Nice hotel for two couples good location and views close to restaurants etc 5 star.
Someone recommended the Hyatt Regency Nice.
Thank you

Posted by
2417 posts

Hotel Negresco.
Or if you do stay at the Hyatt you should go ahead with the complete package and eat caesar salads with chicken and drink chardonnay, returning to the room in the evening to watch Netflix. Maybe the Hard Rock Cafe if you're feeling energetic.

Posted by
11507 posts

Well you are trying..lol.. but this would get more answers if you booked under Destination Forums, left colum on forums page, under "France" rather then the "Reviews of Hotels" section.. but no worries.

Ok, I have been to Nice and stayed in a nice hotel.. but its not 5 star.. not even 4, so will not bore you with details.

If I was going to find an expensive hotel I would look at the reviews on tripadvisor.com.. AND I would also look on booking.com. The reviews on tripadivsor have a section where folks can post actual photos from their stay.. so much better then the professional photos a hotel releases.. more realistic. and the reviews on booking.com have a review section for each hotel that are only posted by those who have actually stayed at the hotel.. ( sometimes folks can "plant" fake reviews on tripadvisor.com and unless you are willing to read carefully it may be hard for you to tell.. )

Pop in your dates and see what comes up.. its a starting point..you do not have to book via a booking site.. I would then go to the hotels own website.. compare rates ( can be cheaper on either site depending ) and just book either direct or via booking.com based on price and room wanted.

Nice is not super large .. anywhere although we were a few blocks from promenade ( beach ) we still found it easy to walk everywhere we wanted to go..

While in Nice definitely hop bus or trains and explore surrounding cities and towns.. Monaco is only an hour away by bus.. less by car or train I imagine.

avirosemail.. you are wicked.. lol

Posted by
16893 posts

www.viamichelin.com works like other hotel-booking web sites, but also allows you to filter search results to see just those listed in their red guide. I would also consider the Hotel Negresco.

Posted by
49 posts

In addition to the Hyatt and Negresco you might try the 4 star La Perouse Hotel. It's located at the east end of the beach very close to the old town. Many of the rooms have a sea view.
RDJ

Posted by
518 posts

I stayed at the Le Negresco in the fall of 2014 and it is indeed a very nice hotel. It is not part of any international chain (or at least, not that I know of) and is located in a historic building right across from the beach. The building is a bit older with all of the charm and nuances that that implies, but it is well maintained, well appointed, and filled with many art pieces. I highly recommend their buffet breakfast. Proximity wise, it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the old town.

Posted by
4 posts

Yes, Hotel Negresco a classic. I stayed there several years ago and definitely worth a visit.

Also, if you want to head towards Monte Carlo, I would recommend Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat. One of the most elegant hotels I've ever seen. You can get hotel ideas from TripAdvisor.com and if you use Hotels.com or Orbitz.com you can find discounts codes for select hotels at the following link:
http://retailcodes.com/retailers/hotels-com

Good luck!