Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Paris

What hotels do you recommend near the Eiffel Tower?

Posted by
27137 posts

More folks will probably see your question if you post it in the regular France forum, and you may get more useful responses if you tell us your nightly hotel budget in euros and how many people you are trying to house.

Destination Q&A

If you get that done before anyone provides a substantive response in this thread, you can return here and click on "Delete" to remove this thread. Don't do that if you've started receiving hotel suggestions in this thread, though

Posted by
14 posts

We stayed at the Rue Cler hotel last September for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. Many people don’t like staying on Rue Cler as they want to stay close to all the “happening” places and not have to walk much to get to much of the more tourist heavy areas. Rue Cler was recommended by Rick Steves and was close to the Eiffel Tower. We absolutely loved being on a pedestrian only street and spent time each day just sitting at one of the cafes outside watching the people and enjoying the experience. That said…we had absolutely no problem walking to or taking the metro to museums or Montmartre. We could actually see the Eiffel Tower from our bedroom and would go to sleep each night watching it…truly magical.

Posted by
13950 posts

If people are looking at the forum on the ALL TOPICS view then this just comes up in the list.

I stay in the Rue Cler area and have for years. It's comfortable for me, lots of restaurants and I can have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and still walk myself safely home, hahaha!! Many people on the forum pooh-pooh this area but I love watching the parents walk kiddos to school, ladies older than me pulling their carts to/from the grocery stores, waiters talking with the locals as they stroll by.

In April I stayed at:

Hotel Relais Bosquet
Hotel Muguet

I've also stayed at Hotel Beaugency, Hotel Londres Eiffel, Hotel l'Empereur at various times in the past. A friend stayed at Hotel Cadran last April and it was the first time I was in their lobby which was very nice. They've got 2 buildings and she was staying in the annex which might make me nervous as I want to be in a place where someone is on the front desk at all times monitoring who goes in/out.

Do you have a price range?

Posted by
903 posts

My sister and her husband are on the Rick Steves tour in Paris this September and are staying at Hotel Londres Eiffel which is part of the tour. My assumption is that it is, therefore, a decent hotel.