Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Lyon

We plan to visit Lyon and are looking for hotel recommendations. We tend to walk to most of the recommended sites in the city. Our visit is scheduled for September. Thanks

Posted by
15050 posts

I stayed at the Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts. Easy walking distance to many sights.

Posted by
39 posts

We stayed at the Fourviere Hotel last September - 4 star - and very lovely! Top of a hill and beautiful city views!
It was a convent that has been transformed into a hotel and it is beautiful!.

Posted by
6302 posts

We're booked into the Hotel des Remparts this fall; can't recommend it yet, though. It comes with good recommendations, and is in a decent location. The price was reasonable for that time; evidently there's a major sporting event going on when we'll be there, so prices are higher than usual. You'll be there earlier than we, so you may have better luck pricewise.

Our room rates vary (depending on day of the week) from €159 to €239 for an en suite double; breakfast is extra, about €15 per person per night. That seems high, as well, but the other hotels I checked either had sky-high prices overall, or weren't even accepting bookings. When I asked one hotel about their rates, they pretty much said with the sporting event there, they could ask whatever they wanted!

Posted by
5527 posts

If you are booking for next month, get on this right away. I booked about 3 weeks ago and many hotels I tried were fully booked.

Posted by
331 posts

We’ve stayed at the Hotel des Celestins twice. Often recommended on this forum, it’s well situated to sites and transit and has a lovely breakfast. My only caveat - the reception is on the 2nd floor (their 1st floor) up a flight of stairs. Although, I have to say, Frank II’s recommended Mercure, just up the street, looks good especially for location - across from a lovely square and just a short walk to the Red Bridge that goes across the river to the old town.