Please sign in to post.

hotels in Avignon

We will be in Avignon for a weekend in October. Can you suggest a moderately priced smaller hotel, somewhat away from busy tourist areas?
Thanks
Jenny

Posted by
27095 posts

It always helps on requests like this if we know what the poster means by "moderately priced". How many people are you trying to house, and what's your maximum budget in euros per night?

Posted by
150 posts

Yes I can recommend the Hotel des corps saints, (** hotel) in the small lane called rue de pediguier. Mom and I shared a double room with very nice modern (but small) bathroom. Super clean rooms and breakfast room with small charge for breakfast. I wish it had a fridge but otherwise it was walkable from the train station and around the corner from many restaurants. A perk was the TI was about a block away if you need need it. And air conditioning was nice in summer.

Posted by
23 posts

We really enjoyed the Hotel Garlande on our last visit. It's a family run hotel of (I think) about a dozen rooms located on a primarily pedestrian street in centre ville. They take very good care of the hotel and their guests. We liked it enough that we'll be staying for several nights on an upcoming fall visit. The only major issue would be is if you have a rental car -- due to the pedestrian st location the parking is offsite.

Posted by
11152 posts

We stayed adjacent to Avignon in Villanueva Avignon which would off hotels to meet your requirements.