Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Annecy France

Hi Everyone,
I am going to be taking a quick trip from Switzerland to Annecy France.
Just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and really liked where they stayed.
I’m planning on 2 nights and then heading back to Switzerland.
Thank you

Posted by
7253 posts

Hi, it would help to know your price range for a room. We stayed at the Imperial Palace - the location on that trip where I splurged, and it was a fantastic hotel experience! The view was stunning from the hotel, and we liked that the hotel was next to boat & bike rentals, yet a short lake promenade walk from the noisy center.

We didn’t eat breakfast there. Instead, we found Boulangerie Patisserie Pan & Gato nearby and couldn’t wait each morning to pick out a delicious pastry there, along with stopping in at a fruit market.

Posted by
11 posts

Hi! Thank you for your advice! I was eyeing the Imperial Palace!!! My budget is pretty open...
Thank you for the breakfast advice as well:)

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey art
we spent 6 nights this past September. Loved it, the lake, the marketplace gets busy with shops cafes bakeries restaurants. Really liked it, market day is Tuesdays fridays and sundays. Just roam around the canals, ate fondue at restaurant al thiou?? Say at outside cafe to people watch. Look at annecycitytour.com by the old village for a tour around the city. You can check hibiscus-apartment-annecy.com
we liked the old village, and would have preferred staying there. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Have a great time, hope you love that gorgeous place and enjoy.
aloha
GO NINERS!!

Posted by
4684 posts

I stayed at the Annecy Ibis City Centre Vielle Ville. Chain hotel in a modern building, but comfortable and in a really good location.

Posted by
5202 posts

My daughter and I also stayed at the Ibis Annecy Centre Vieille Ville.
A great location, comfortable room, and friendly staff.

There are two Ibis hotels in Annecy, make sure you choose the one in the old town.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
144 posts

We are also going Annecy early September...any other suggestions or just go with these?