Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendations in the Marais area of Paris area

We are visiting Paris next year for approximately four days. Would like some recommendations on hotels (not luxury) recommended by Rick. Thank you.

Posted by
11177 posts

Would like some recommendations on hotels (not luxury) recommended by Rick.

Do you have the RS "Paris" book?

Posted by
8293 posts

The Hotel Jeanne d’Arc is often mentioned here. Stayed there once. Perfectly fine, well located, and a bus and metro stop steps away.

Posted by
2456 posts

I really like the Hotel du Vieux Marais and others that are farther from Rue Rivoli and the river than the Jeanne d'Arc is.
But note that the halls are narrow and the stairs steep -- like you're in the Marais in Paris!

Posted by
3961 posts

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Marais Paris Caron de Beaumarchais. Charming, immaculate,
ample breakfast, transit 4 min. walk, & moments away from Notre Dame and river. We chose a larger upper floor room with small Balconey. The staff were very helpful. We spent a comfortable 5 nights here. www.carondebeaumarchais.com.

Posted by
5581 posts

You didn't ask, but for restaurants, if you like fallafel and related, I liked L'As du Fallafel. Its inexpensive and delicious. Beware, they are closed Friday evenings and perhaps Saturdays.

Posted by
3961 posts

Another shout out for L'As du Fallafel. FYI, we avoided the long "queue" since we were on a walking tour of Le Marais with Sight Seekers Delight. They have advanced reservations. Excellent tour! www.sightseekersdelight.com.

Posted by
17 posts

I stayed at Hotel Britannique a couple of years ago, and loved it. Although not technically in the Marais, it's in a great location, at 20 Avenue Victoria, 75001. The street is relatively quiet, and it is a quick walk to get almost anywhere you would want to go. The hotel serves a traditional French breakfast for an extra 15€.

https://www.hotel-britannique.fr/en/

The Châtelet metro station (the largest subway station in the world) is right around the corner. You can walk to Notre Dame or the Latin Quarter almost as fast as you could get there by finding the right train in Châtelet, though. Even the Parisians know the station is a complicated mess, one even offered to help me find the right exit after getting off the train once.

Posted by
1823 posts

Take a look at Hotel Andrea just off Rue de Rivoli. I stayed there in 2016 and found it to be clean and conveniently located. It is a basic 2 star hotel, but does have a tiny elevator.