Please sign in to post.

Hotel or B&B in Avignon

Looking for suggestions for a two night stay in Avignon. Will be joining a river cruise afterward. Hotel or nice B&B. Thanks.

Posted by
346 posts

I recommend a B&B called L'Ombre du Palais. The home was lovely, with every comfort. The location was superb, overlooking the Palace and directly adjacent to the hidden public parking deck. Breakfast each morning was delicious, and the charming and interesting Madame Ferrand even made breakfast very early for us on the morning of our departure. She was helpful with recommendation and maps of the surrounding area and restaurant reservations and recommendations.

Posted by
7029 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Central in 2012 and thought it was very convenient. It's inside the walls but only a couple of blocks from the central train station where you get the shuttle bus to the TGV station. Rooms are air conditioned with ensuite baths and there's a lovely little terrace for breakfast (which I think is extra). Doubles are well under €100. It's nothing fancy but very nice basic hotel in a good location.

Also here's a link to another thread with ideas: https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/france/avignon-hotel-recommendations