Please sign in to post.

Hotel near Gare de Lyon

Looking for recommendations for a hotel near the Gare de Lyon.

Thanks.

Posted by
32767 posts

I have stayed at both the Mercure (at the station) and the Holiday Inn Bastille (5 minutes walk), so as to make the first train to the Riviera.

What are you looking for?

Posted by
3698 posts

I have stayed at the Novotel Gare de Lyon and my brother has stayed at the ibis Paris Gare de Lyon Ledru Rollin and ibis Paris Gare de Lyon Diderot and we are both familiar with the Holiday Inn near the station. What is your budget and what are you looking for in a hotel. And what does near mean to you?

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks to both of you. I went ahead and booked in the Megaro which looks good.

Posted by
338 posts

I stay at the reasonably priced Hotel Palym just across the street from the train station. Another option along rue Diderot is the Ibis Styles which includes a continental breakfast.

Posted by
20103 posts

I believe the Megaro is in London, or did spellcheck trip you up.

Posted by
213 posts

We have stayed in the Marriott Courtyard, literally across the street from the Gare de Lyon. Much nicer than Courtyards in the US.

Posted by
3 posts

My mistake; I was also searching for a hotel in London.

Thanks for the suggestions in Paris. I was hoping to find a room which could be cancelled, at least for a while, but so far the hotels suggested all seem to be booked or have non-refundable rooms, only. Will have to keep looking. The rate for the Ibis Ledru Rollin is €381 which, although high, would be doable if it allowed any cancellation.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Posted by
205 posts

I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn Gare de Lyon and liked it. They offer a member rate with free cancellation. Membership is free and easy.

Posted by
9420 posts

JHK is our resident Paris hotel expert. Hopefully she’ll come back, her advice is gold. You could also PM her.