Please sign in to post.

Hôtel Beaugency

Hello,

Has anyone recently stayed at Hôtel Beaugency in Paris? Any comments?

Thank you.

Posted by
13803 posts

I stayed there in April 2022 as well as October 2021. I've stayed there nearly every trip to Paris for at least part of the time. The rooms are showing some wear but this Spring they had updated the old bedspreads they'd had since my first visit in 2014 (on a RS tour) to nice white duvets. They still have the same throw pillows. Beds are very comfortable as are the new pillows. Rooms are small but normal for Paris. Showers are good with plenty of hot water and water pressure. I try to crack a window when I shower as their smoke detectors are very sensitive and sometimes I've been told that the fire alarms have gone off because of lots of steam in the bathrooms.

There is some wear in some of the rooms but by this I don't mean unclean, just nicked woodwork etc.

I love the staff here. It's been pretty consistently the same staff before and after the pandemic from Reception to housekeepers to the breakfast ladies. Breakfast is fine....croissants, baguette, cereals, a meat and cheese selection, juice, coffee, water for tea. Generally what you would expect for a basic Paris hotel breakfast.

I also love the location as there are dozens of restaurants within just a few blocks. I feel comfortable having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and walking home, hahaha! I love watching the parents walk their kiddos to school down the street...has a real neighborhood feel.

Their prices are pretty good and lower than some in the neighborhood. I expect if they do a full update some time the prices will be jacked up.

There are a couple of rooms with an Eiffel Tower View. My last room had a view from the window in the shower, hahha!

The only downside besides needing updating is that since the pandemic Uber Eats and Deliveroo on motorcycles have become wildly popular. There is motorcycle parking at the end of the Rue du Champ de Mars where it dead ends into Rue Duvivier so they are buzzing like wasps until about 10PM. I'm an early to bed person and usually sleep with the window open but it hasn't kept me from going to sleep.

Anything I did not cover?

PS Honestly, I'm not a shill for Beaugency, hahaha!

PPS Oh yes....typical teeny elevator. 2 people with luggage at most. It's never conked out on me nor have I noticed it being broken down.

Posted by
2252 posts

Can’t think of a thing to add to Pam’s very comprehensive and accurate review. I’ve happily stayed here a few times and enjoyed it very much. There was a charge for breakfast but there are also plenty of options within easy walking distance.

Posted by
58 posts

Thank you so much for your comments. I am taking the Heart of Portugal tour next April (fingers crossed) and want to stay two nights in Paris before I return home. This hotel sounds perfect for me. Most of my time will be spent outside enjoying the city.

Posted by
13803 posts

If you can add more than 2 nights/1 full day to Paris you'll thank yourself, lol!!

I should also have added that the front desk is staffed 24/7 which as a solo female traveler makes me feel safer. They will also book a taxi for you to the airport if you like...or you can use the G7 app and book it yourself.

Posted by
58 posts

My first Rick Steves' tour was the Best of Paris back in 2007. It was great and we covered alot. I just want to visit for a short time before I return home.

That's good to know that the front desk is covered and helpful. Thanks.