Please sign in to post.

Hotel/Apt in Paris April 2019

My husband and I would like to rent a furnished apt ( one bedroom) for the month of April 2019 in city center Paris. We would prefer to spend no more than $3000 - $3500 dollars. We have looked into rental businesses but would prefer advice from someone who has actually stayed in a Paris Apt for at least two to four weeks. We enjoy the Rue Cler area but anywhere within the first 7 districts would be fine. Apartment specific would be wonderful. An elevator is a must if above a second floor. Emma

Posted by
27047 posts

You'll do better to repost this inquiry in the regular France forum; not as many people will see it here, under "France Reviews".

Paris is cracking down hard on unregistered rental accommodations, so be very careful not to end up in one that doesn't have a registration number (I think it's 13 digits). Apartments are being taken off the market as owner are being presented with extremely large fines, and you don't want to lose your rental right before you're due to travel.

For the above reason, I don't know that other people's experiences--unless extremely recent--will be as helpful as you are expecting.

Posted by
338 posts

Check Adrian Leeds, an American who has been living in Paris many years. She’s an expert on rentals and sales.

Posted by
1307 posts

I believe that Booking.com lists only registered apartments for Paris proper.
The others are hit and miss but more and more are showing the 13 digit registration number now.

Posted by
9420 posts

Adrian Leeds apts are expensive, so is VIP.com but check them out just to see if they might have something in your budget - they are a very reputable American co.

I’ve used ParisAttitude.com twice and had a good experience with them both times. Be careful with VRBO, we rented an apt from ParisBestLodge (mgr: Thierry) that was a very bad experience and he now lists his apts on VRBO. I think HomeAway and VRBO are owned by same co.

There are quite a few English companies that do Paris rentals but can’t remember names... Google?

My favorite area of all in Paris is the 4th arrondissement, love Ile St Louis and the Marais, both in the 4th.

My second choice would be the 5th or 6th, as close to the river as possible. The 4th to 6th are the most central, most charming and easy walking to many places you’ll want to go.

Posted by
175 posts

Thanks everyone. Good advice.

Most offerings I am getting are studio or walk-up multiple floors. I 'm approaching sad! Emma

Posted by
27047 posts

I did some casual online looking last year and was disappointed at how often the less expensive places in Paris didn't have even one real bed. I don't know that I'd be comfortable on a futon for more than a very few nights, and I would never risk one of those sofa beds with a folding mattress.