Please sign in to post.

CDG Airport Hotel

Two people have recommended hotels, one is a NOVOTEL and the other, IBIS. I contacted the Novotel directly and their pricing seems different than the hyper advertised offers on the Accor hotel site. I feel nervous booking a hotel on these 'glitzy' sites that are promoting package rates if full payment is received at time of booking and there is no cancellation permitted. It's only one night but I am wary of gimmicks and packages. Should I be? Can I feel safe booking on the large Accor site?

Thanks.

Posted by
94 posts

Sorry I can't answer your specific question. We did spend one night prior to our departure out of CDG at the Hotel Les Herbes Folles just a couple of miles from the airport. It was about a 10 minute ride from the airport. I believe we booked directly with the hotel website, although they are on booking.com as well. They paid for a private shuttle one way, either to their hotel from train/airport or to the airport. We arrived by train at CDG, they arranged a pick up for us. They also arranged a pickup and ride to the airport the following morning to CDG. They paid for one shuttle and we paid 17 Euros for two people for the second private shuttle. We communicated with them via email regarding desired pickup and departure times. Everything went very smoothly.

The hotel itself is very clean and modern. It is in a small village of Mauregard. There is a restaurant onsite. Not much else in the quiet town. When we had our windows open, you could hear airplanes taking off in the early evening. Not any significant noise overnight. When the windows were closed you couldn't hear anything.

Posted by
108 posts

I booked an IBIS hotel last fall on their website in Beaune France. No issues and they even upgraded us to a larger room. As long as you have a paper copy of your confirmation and charge it to a credit card that will stand behind you I wouldn’t lose sleep over a non-refundable rate as long as you know it is non-refundable if your plans change. As you say it is only one night. We stayed at the Marriott our night before an early departure at CDG. They provided complimentary and efficient shuttle service upon our late evening arrival by train and shuttle to airport EARLY in the am. The room was a reasonable but not super cheap rate. We also found the food/wine at their bar not crazy priced. Very quiet and comfortable room. Not sure who you are flying back to the states but it took us 2+ hours to check in with luggage in a priority lane which was a surprise.

Posted by
797 posts

We have stayed at the IBIS five times and never had a problem, I have used both Booking.com and the OBIS corporate sites again without problem. The rooms at the IBIS are small, clean and a good value s far as we are concerned. From what I can tell, the NOVOTEL is a bit fancier with prices to match. The locations of both are excellent for getting to Terminal 2.

Posted by
6487 posts

Accor is a very big non-US hotel chain and their website has always worked fine for me. They can't afford to screw up any more than Marriott, Hilton, Best Western, Choice, or you name it. Reliable accommodations without much character, but that's all you need at an airport. You get 10% off if you join their program. You should be able to book a non-changeable reservation at a lower rate, and a flexible one at a slightly higher rate. I usually go for flexibility with hotels, but since I book non-refundable flights I usually do the same with airport hotels connected (in my itinerary) with those flights. In for a penny, in for a pound!

Posted by
1221 posts

Accor is a huge player in global hospitality with an odd gap in North America below the five star level. I do think there's more of a price difference between refundable and non-refundable rates with them than other chains, but that seems more common in Europe in general.

We've booked with them uneventfully on past trips and I'm planning on using them again in 2019. Usually refundable rates, but I've also gone the prepaid non-refundable route when I had some Le Club Accor points to use up that covered 90% of the cost of the stay.

Do sign up for their loyalty program- besides slightly better rates, they also have regular contests. I've come away with enough points for 80 euros in hotel vouchers and a pretty sweet Hermes sampler toiletry kit from last year's advent calendar promotion that way.