Please sign in to post.

Paris - fave restos for various dishes?

Hi all, I'm in Paris for the next couple of weeks and would like suggestions of your favorite restaurants for the following dishes in the noted price ranges for the plat (also posting on the France travel forum).

Beef Bourguignon - My usual place must have changed their recipe b/c I tried it recently and was disappointed. They need to add more wine and have less fat/gristle on the meat. 20 euro or less.

Tagines - Love my favorite place but looking for other suggestions. 20 euro or less.

Coq au Vin - My usual place's version tasted great but the meat was very dry (left over from lunch/last night?) 30 euro or less.

Steak/frite - Love my favorite place but looking for other suggestions. 30 euro or less.

Thanks much and happy eating to all!

Posted by
32740 posts

This is a duplicate question, there is another copy in the France question forum.

This forum is for the posting of reviews, not the asking of questions. Tasty question though.

Posted by
16 posts

We are also in Paris and have been disappointed in many restaurants, but we found 2 excellent bistros that serve traditional plats du jours:

Comptoir de la Gastronomie 34, rue Montmartre 1er.

Restaurant Astier 44, rue J.P. Timbaud 11er

The food is wonderful, the service us friendly and the prices are decent. At each place we spent @65 euros (service compris) including wine. Bon appetite!

Posted by
16893 posts

I found this clasic place through a few different news articles, particularly mentioned for steak, if you like it rare. I had a lovely dinner there, with a very generous cheese course.

Bistrot Paul Bert €35-50 (US$40-66); 18 rue Paul Bert, 75011; +33 1 43 72 24 01; Open Tuesday-Saturday 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m., 7:30 p.m.-11 p.m.; parisbymouth.com/bistrot-paul-bert