Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel for family of 4?

My family of 2 adults & 2 teens will be in Paris for 3 days in August. The RS Pocket Paris book I have doesn't specifically show quad rooms. Anyone have a hotel to recommend for us?

I'd love to find something safe & comfortable under $200 a night. For location our plan is to do the first 3 days of the RS Pocket Paris book (Notre Dame, Louvre, Versallies, etc.), so any location convenient for that works.

Thanks!

Posted by
10178 posts

Check for quad rooms on booking.com. I always cross check what I find there with reviews on Trip Advisor. I suggest looking in the 4th, 5th & 6th arrondisments. The closer to the river the better. For your plans I would try to get something close to the St. Michel RER station. It's steps away from Notre Dame, the train to Versailles (and the Eiffel Tower) and walkable to the Louvre.

Posted by
355 posts

I have stayed several times at Hotel d'Argenson in the 8th.

http://www.hotel-argenson.com/English--Rooms.phtml

They have large rooms that can accommodate a family of four and their rates are very reasonable. I have stayed there several times and it was a very good experience every time I stayed. It is family owned - very nice people. The only downside, and the reason I haven't stayed there on my most recent trips, is that the 8th is very quiet at night, not much going on and not always the most convenient location. It's mostly a fashion district, so everything closes down early. But it is only a couple of blocks to the Champs-Elysee and the Arc de Triomphe. And Paris is a very walkable city and the metro makes everything pretty convenient.

Posted by
9110 posts

The Campanile chain has quads. They're scattered around town. Two hundred bucks should almost do it.

Posted by
7209 posts

Hotel Latin Excelsior near Pantheon and Sorbonne has family rooms for 4 and suites for up to 5. It's affordable too...for Paris.

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks for the advice everyone! We're so looking forward to our first trip to Paris, and advice from people in the know is a great help!

Posted by
795 posts

I recommend you try the Hotel Relais Bosquet which has apartments to rent so you can live like a Parisian family! Their website is www.hotel-paris-bosquet.com , their phone number is 011 33 1 47 05 25 45 , and their email is hotel@relaisbosquet.com . They have a nice place, reasonable prices, and staying in an apartment is so much fun! Call them or email them and ask about the apartments. It is centrally located in the Rue Cler neighborhood. I hope you have a wonderful visit to Paris.