Please sign in to post.

Paris Restaurants

Headed to Paris and only have three nights ~ have been there before, speak French ~ would love any recommendations of great restaurants for dinner. Prefer places that are not touristy. Thank you!

Posted by
14503 posts

Hi,

This one I recommend if you like Alsacian cuisine, "Chez Jenny" at 39 Boulevard du Temple. I went there for lunch once, impressive, would not hesitate at all to go back. The Bus # 65 from Gare du Nord to Gare de Lyon goes by it.

Posted by
2261 posts

Alex, we really enjoyed A' la Biche au Bois in the 12th at 45 avenue Ledru Rollin. The later seating will put you with a more local crowd. Classic French fare and they specialize in deer and other game. We had the venison stew, pork belly, mashed potatoes, the Perigordine salad with foie gras, cheese course and dessert. All excellent. It's great that you speak French, as you know that helps, especially the greetings and sil vous plait; attitude is everything. Have fun.
Also-La Regalade Saint Honore, near the Louvre, again, later seating more local.

Best, Dave

Posted by
1335 posts

Salut Alex!

One of my favorite restaurants is in the very untoristy part of the Montparnasse area in an area called Alésia. It is a restaurant called LE Moulin Vert. I've never heard anyone speak English in there (I think they have English menus), but it is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. And it's one of my favorite quarters in the city.

http://www.aumoulinvert.com/

Posted by
9 posts

Try Jadis, 208 Rue de la Croix Nivert, 75015 Paris ; phone 33 1 45 57 73 20. My French friends say this place is a real bargain, considering the adventurous menu. They hope it can survive.

Also Le Pré Verre, 8 Rue Thénard, 75005 Paris. Phone: 33 1 43 54 59 47. I haven't been there, but friends rave about it.

Reservations advised at both places.

Merrill

Posted by
103 posts

" Also Le Pré Verre, 8 Rue Thénard, 75005 Paris. Phone: 33 1 43 54 59 47. I haven't been there, but friends rave about it.
Reservations advised at both places."

This. I've been looking too, and this place is receiving alot of raves on TA and some of the Walking Tour companies also recommended it on their site.

Posted by
32 posts

How expensive are the restaurants recommend here?

What about places for nice lunch reasonable price.

Thank you

Posted by
2261 posts

norac111-A' la Biche au Bois was a 28 euro menu, where you select a starter, main, and dessert, includes cheese course. La Regalade is about 35. Two people, with wine, 80-100. There are lots of 'wine bars' in Paris serving small plates, where you can try lots of different things for a reasonable price. Also, many top level restaurants offer lunch menus that are considerably less than dinner.

Posted by
4037 posts

I like La Biche too -- red wine and meat at good prices -- but to get a reservation will take a telephone call, possibly from your hotel.

Posted by
19 posts

consider La Marine on the Quai de Valmy in the 10th. Cozy, friendly and inexpensive, plus you can stroll along the canal after dinner.

Posted by
78 posts

We highly recommend Pirouette (5 rue Mondetour, 75001 - near Pompidou Center). We ate lunch there in September but they do serve dinner as well. The owner/chef is the husband of our chef/teacher at Cook'n with Class, Constance, (also highly recommended).

Posted by
5 posts

La Biche au Bois is a great recommendation. Also, Le Bon Coin near Les Gobelains Metro stop is a great brasserie that cannot be beat.

Posted by
5 posts

La Biche au Bois is a great recommendation. Also, Le Bon Coin near Les Gobelains Metro stop is a great brasserie that cannot be beat.

Posted by
9550 posts

The last time I went to the Pré Verre (I'll admit it's been a few months), I was distinctly underwhelmed. Which is to say a little peeved that I had spent my money on what they offered me. I don't remember the details now, but just know that I decided I wouldn't be back!

Keep in mind of course that this is just one person's opinion.