Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotels

Hello!

Hoping anyone can recommend a hotel they stayed at WITH a RS tour that they loved in Paris, or one they have stayed at with a RS recommendation that they liked.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
2 posts

Hotel Champs-Elysees Friedland
177 Rue Du Faubourg Saint-Honore
We came to Paris from California for our 35th wedding anniversary.
We picked this hotel becasue we liked to walk, wanted a small hotel and had staff that spoke English.
This hotel exceeded our expectations. We took the bus from the airport which dropped us off at the Arc de Triumph and we walked to our hotel. We were greeted with a glass of champagne and dropped our luggage and walked back to the Arc (5 minutes) and then down the Champs de Elysee to the Eifel Tower (20 minutes).
Breakfast buffet was amazing and the afternoon buffet was so delicious that you could eat a late Parisian dinner at 10:00pm! The room is small by California standards, and I would have preferred a dresser instead of a refrigerator. But, the closet was tolerable and the bathroom was FANTASTIC! ).

Posted by
345 posts

Bonjour!

We have stayed at the Hotel St. Jacques on the Rue d'ecole and the Hotel Saint Christophe near the Pantheon. I like the Hotel St. Jacques better while my husband prefers the Saint Christophe. Both of them are located in the 5th arrondisement. We took cabs from CDG to the hotels.

At the St. Jacques, try to get a room with views of both the Pantheon and Notre Dame. There is a little balcony with a table and two chairs. The room was large by Parisian standards and the bathroom was enormous. At the Saint Christophe, ask for a room that faces the side street. You have a window and better view.

The hotels have good breakfasts for a price. At both hotels, you are close to metros, the Luxenbourg Gardens and good restaurants.

We like the 5th for hotels and just to walk and enjoy!

Posted by
11507 posts

I stayed in a hotel with a RS tour.. it however is not in any of his books. I have stayed in about 15 hotels in Paris, none of them in a RS book. I think you have limited yourself dreadfully.

I have liked all the hotels.. but it would be more helpful if you told us your requirements and your budget in euros per night if you want some recommendations .

I go in summer and I like to have air conditioning and I like to be in central areas..