Please sign in to post.

Overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki

I would like some advice on the type of cabin for two for this overnight journey. I wouldn’t want the cheapest one nor the most luxurious. Would like location that would offer a view and be less likely to cause seasickness as I am prone to that. Thank you.

Posted by
89 posts

I think for comfort against motion sickness, the general rule is lower decks toward the back are better, less movement. Upper decks toward front experience more motion. Exterior rooms with a window also help.

I am also interested in hearing any experience on the types of cabins on the stockholm/Helsinki overnight ferry. Nobody out there has taken it???

Posted by
136 posts

I took the Silja Serenade from Helsinki to Stockholm last month and really enjoyed the experience. I wen t solo and was in of one of the Moomin cabins, which are cartoon characters, because I’m a kid at heart. This was essentially an A-class cabin with different decor, and the cabin had a window. I really enjoyed seeing the archipelago from my cabin as we approached Stockholm. It was a wonderful was to start the day.

The cabin descriptions and photos on Tallink/Silja’s website are accurate, so check out what’s on there to make your decision. I recommend signing up for Club One, the frequent traveler program, because you will get a little discount on your fare.

It was smooth sailing on the Baltic Sea, and I didn’t at all feel seasick. I did have a mild ‘rocking boat’ feeling for a few days afterward, but it wasn’t bothersome. (That also happened to me in Venice, so that could be a “me problem”!)

I definitely recommend the experience. Hope this is helpful!