Please sign in to post.

Helsinki Tallin ferry

Hello,
Trying to find info on fares & ferries between Helsinki & Tallin, looks like only 2-3 hrs distance, but 3 different lines & a couple different fare categories. Any recommendation of class A ticket vs class b? Traveling with family (teenage kids) in July & want to do a day trip from Helsinki to Tallin & back.

Thanks.

Posted by
5687 posts

I took the Tallink ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki a few years ago. It's a large ferry, and I booked it near the last minute. This company uses the west terminal in Helsinki vs. the main one by the main harbor near the center of town. Other ferry companies may use the main terminal which could be easier for you to get to. I was immediately taking another ferry out of west terminal anyway so this worked out well for me, but you can take a tram (I did this a few days later when I returned to west terminal) between the town center and west terminal, very easy but just one more extra thing and little expense.

I spend most of the time on my ferry trip on the top deck enjoying the scenery. I got the cheapest ticket available. It was an OK ride but not much to see between cities. I think the scenery by Helsinki might be better if you depart/arrive using main terminal.

Posted by
15 posts

Hello,

Not sure about class A or B tickets. They offer a deck place ticket or a cabin that fits 1 to 4 people.
There are lots of info on Hki - Talllinn ferry fares here: https://www.finlandprices.com/helsinki-ferry-prices/
If you opt for the Vikingline XPRS ferry, I'd advise that you book a cabin on the way back as the evening ferries are almost fully booked.