Please sign in to post.

Windsor castle

Would you suggest you purchase tickets online prior to our going there

Posted by
6508 posts

Most people would say yes since it is a popular attraction. It wouldn’t hurt buying online if you know for certain the day of your visit. If the day may possibly change, or if you’re visiting when there are fewer tourists, it may be easier to wait until you get there.

Posted by
6489 posts

I went right up to the counter to buy, no problem. It was September, midday.

Posted by
985 posts

I went in May. All morning the line was really, really long. I went by mid afternoon, and the line was much shorter, so I got in line, got my ticket and went in after a very short wait. I didn’t get these tickets ahead of time because there was no way to print them online or have them delivered, so I would have had to wait in line anyway to pick up the preordered ticket. Check to see if this is the case. To me, that made it not worth it to get it ahead of time.

Posted by
472 posts

Two weeks ago - mid-August, very high season - the morning line was around-the-block long. The next day around 2pm it was even longer. We'd gotten in without breaking stride with our online tickets, thank you, RS advice!
I'd book ahead any time of year: Windsor locals say the tourism traffic has skyrocketed, particularly from China & Japan. We saw huge tour groups.