Please sign in to post.

Windsor

I am planning on visiting Windsor Castle and the surrounding town. I will need a place to eat and found a lovely tearoom called Madame Posh in the town. Has anyone been there, eaten there? Have you liked it, did you have tea there or lunch or dinner? Love to hear your experiences.

Thank you for your input.

Posted by
32747 posts

I certainly have no personal experience there, but I do fairly regularly partake in afternoon teas, in various places around the nation.

Based on the overwhelmingly marginal and negative reviews on Tripadvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/RestaurantReview-g186419-d9791826-Reviews-or10-MadamePosh-WindsorWindsorandMaidenheadBerkshire_England.html
it is one I would be unlikely to visit.

I'm pretty good at sussing out fake reviews and it seems to me (but who knows) that the majority of reviews which question the hygiene at the place don't look fake.

On the other side of the coin, the place does get a score of 5 (of 5) at the government "Scores on the Doors"

Posted by
6534 posts

The main part of Windsor is very close to the castle. I doubt you’d have a hard time finding a nice place to eat or have tea, just walking around.

Edited: I just read the TA reviews and there are almost as many terrible reviews as great reviews. I have to agree with Nigel. Having read the reviews, it’s not a place I’d be frequenting if there were other options available.

Posted by
8293 posts

Any place that has the word “posh” in its name probably isn’t.

Posted by
5262 posts

It sounds more like a brothel than a tea shop.

Posted by
593 posts

If you would like to consider other options, I had a lovely price fixe meal at Cote Brasserie, located riverside at the pedestrian bridge connecting Windsor and Eton. Not sure what time of year you are visiting, but I was there in June and enjoyed my outdoor table, in the shadow of the castle with boats and geese (swans?) going past.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
32747 posts

geese are smaller with shortish necks. Swans are big, with a huge wingspan, pure white except for the goslings (and the beak), with long S shaped necks. Probably swans in Windsor but could have been either depending if the winter migration was in.