Please sign in to post.

Wimbledon tickets 2016

We plan to see a match or two next year. Been corresponding with "ticket finder international". Has anyone used them or have a recommendation on how to get legitimate tickets?

Posted by
32821 posts

Queue up in the morning.... that's what most people do.

Posted by
5331 posts

First of all try to obtain tickets in the public ballot. This will be opening shortly. This is well oversubscribed, and runs in the old fashioned way by post. You cannot though specify courts or days as it is all done randomly.

Secondly there are the resellers. Debenture tickets are the only ones that can be legally sold on. These tend to be expensive, often associated with hospitality.

Thirdly queue up. Need to be there very early for the show court (often all night) but ground passes are easier. Not everyone stays for the whole day so they are resold through the day into the evening.

Posted by
70 posts

Unfortunately, since I am in the States trying to get the tickets by going there is not in the cards. For me it seems that going through a ticket broker like Stub Hub and ticketfinders international as well as others. What I don't know if these are endorsed by Wimbledon.

R

Posted by
5331 posts

None of the 3 options require physically going to Wimbledon prior to the day.

The resale is simple - if it isn't a debenture, then it doesn't comp!y with Wimbledon's terms. Any other ticket therefore carries a risk.

There is a fourth option I forgot earlier - Ticketmaster sells some seats online the day before which requires preregistration with Wimbledon.

Posted by
70 posts

How can one be assured that they are official debenture tickets?
R

Posted by
70 posts

Yes, here is the situation and my limited understanding
1. Using Airline miles but going to Scotland then Ireland then back to GB; thus I need to start trying to book flight soon.
2. The open season so to say to get tickets starts August 1st, but the kicker is one does not get a choice of dates or courts. This process is random and seems fair. It works if your time is flexible (which ours is relatively inflexible)
3. Goal in life is to see all four majors (Wimbledon, US Open, French and Australia); going to US Open this fall; then French in a couple of years.
4. One can hook up with a travel/hotel/tickets combo but it seems a bit pricey - it may be my best option to guarantee it is legit.
5. The ticket finders international appears to be a broker like StubHub or Vivid etc. Living in California and a SF Giants Fan; I know that Vivid is the "official" or has been authorized by the SF Giants. My concern is I really don't know if this ticket finders international are legit and prefer not to plunk down several thousands of dollars and a trip design to attend one of things in my bucket list. I understand that the tickets must have "debenture" on them as was pointed out to me (thank you) but I won't be able to see the ticket prior to payment. Also they would not tell me what seats they are so that tells me that they have yet to procure these seats from someone who wants to sell them.
6. I have emailed Wimbledon (All England Club) asking if there are "authorized" vendors who they endorse for these ticket brokers.

thanks to all for helping educate me
Rich