Please sign in to post.

WiFi in London

Good afternoon! I am arriving in London next Saturday and was going through with my cell phone carrier about international plans.. I normally get an international data plan for around $30 and rely solely on WiFi connections, which has worked very well when studying abroad in Netherlands and visiting Italy.

Does anyone have any insight on WiFi in London? I know in the other countries I have visited, WiFi is nearly everywhere and it's very easy to access.

Posted by
16 posts

I've been to London twice and access wasn't an issue either time. The unknown is how fast or slow the connection will be, and that varies from place to place.

Cheers.
Mekel

Posted by
16267 posts

We just spent three weeks in London, leaving Monday. We had excellent wifi in our apartment. We did not pay for a data plan, so if we needed it while out and about ( to find something), we could just pop into a Starbucks ( they are everywhere) and use it there.

Posted by
8669 posts

Try COSTA or NERO coffee spots Better coffee than Starbuck's swill. Free WiFi in both. Also Pret A Mangers. If you look at Timeout on line it has a map denoting all the places that have free WiFi in London.

Posted by
16267 posts

I didn't say we bought anything at Starbucks--- we just go in and use the wifi. As Seattle locals we feel OK doing that, and when the shop is uncrowded no one cares. I do not drink coffee of any type and my husband much prefers Caffe Nero when we are in London.