Please sign in to post.

Which Premier Inn in London

We are wondering if there is a Premier Inn or another more affordable hotel or B and B in London, in an area that feels like a neighborhood meaning less busy, a nearby park, but near a few sites to see. We do a lot of walking and have a preference for taking long walks and not getting on buses or the underground.

Posted by
1021 posts

Most of London is busy, to be honest. Hampstead is a nice upmarket neighbourhood with a huge heath but too far to walk to most sights. Somewhere else that’s quieter with lovely walks is Richmond which has a huge amount of green space and even feels a bit village-y in parts. You will, however, have to get the train into central London.

Posted by
395 posts

I think I will have to forgo the quiet and greenery because we want to walk out the door and be walking in London get around on foot mostly. Just wondering which Premier Inn has the best location for nice walking and seeing some of the sites.

Posted by
1021 posts

In that case I’d say any of the locations in Zone 1 will be fine. I don’t think there is much in it.

Posted by
8397 posts

I really like premier inn Waterloo and premier inn county hall ( they are 2 blocks apart) for location. Westminster sites are walkable and multiple easy transport links.

Posted by
1825 posts

If you search on London Premier Inns here at the top of the page, you will find many discussions of this. I stayed at the one near Victoria Station last October and it was ok, but my visit opinion was probably affected by the fact the lift to my section of the hotel was not working and they didn't warn me of that when they gave me the key.

Posted by
2189 posts

We’ve stayed at PI County Hall and we’re very pleased. They economize on things like customer service with real people, but they were staffed when we wanted to check-in and someone helped with the check-out on their kiosks. We felt the location was good for what we wanted to see. Parliment and Westminster Abbey were an easy walk across the river and the waterfront itself is lively.

Posted by
190 posts

A question about the Premier Inns. Are they all basically the same, and people just discuss which location is best? Or are there real differences in quality between PIs? I had assumed they were like Holiday Inns, in that the one is Topeka is going to be the same as the one in Toledo (Ohio. Go Mud Hens!). Is that correct? And if not, which is the "best quality" Premier Inn in London?

Posted by
1021 posts

They are all VERY similar but some are newer than others so the communal areas are a bit more modern in design, for example. Some have ‘ Premier Plus’ rooms with a few more amenities but I’ve never tried these.

Some hotels are in locations that attract a lot of party goers and stag and hen dos. The other guests can be a bit noisy. That’s not really an issue in London though.

I couldn’t say which is the best in London as I’ve only tried a couple of different ones.

Posted by
53 posts

I booked a stay in the PI Waterloo for a few nights in April based on reviews here, but realized after the fact that the rooms do not have refrigerators. I usually like to have a fridge for drinks and to stash leftover food I've accumulated throughout the day. Alas, I will survive, I'm sure. The room is already paid for and the location and price will make up for it, hopefully!