Please sign in to post.

Which Neighborhood

I realize "where to stay" can become monotonous on the forums, so thank you kindly for reading and replying. I will be traveling with my 70 year old mother (very able bodied) in late September and need to base ourselves for 8 nights. We prefer a flat vs hotel to have a washer and a living space to gather and play cards, plan our day, just spend quiet time with each other. My mother cares for my father and sister who have a disability and this is her chance to focus on herself, not feel her normal worries back home. I've looked at a flat in Knightsbridge (Kinnerton Street), a flat near Victoria Station (a few doors away from Lime Tree Hotel...which is sadly booked). I've looked near Gloucester Station. We do not need a posh area. For my mom, I want an area we can walk out the door, feel a bit of the London spirit, restaurants and coffee shops nearby, shops and access to public transportation. I realize where to stay can be a tiring topic, but it is a large amount of money and I want my mom to simply experience the ideal spot to rest after a great day of sightseeing. Thank you for your helpful replies. I'm open to other streets/neighborhoods. Thank you kindly.

Posted by
8680 posts

Check out 63 Bayswater. https://number63.co.uk/

Has elevator, across the road from Hyde Park, breakfast is included in the price, 1/2 block from Lancaster Gate tube station, 15 minute stroll from Paddington and there’s a front room area where you can sit and chat and plan.

10 minute walk to the excellent Tudkin Flavors of Malaysia restaurant . Pleasant pub The Mitre that serves wonderful pub grub is close by.

Also review the London Perfect website.

Why doesn’t the flat near Victoria Station work for you?

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you, Claudia. I will look at this. The flat near Victoria could work for us, as does the one on Kinnerton. It's more of my indecisiveness on where to choose! My mom is open, says she doesn't care, but I really want to make this wonderful for her.

Posted by
150 posts

Fraser Suites, Queens Gate, breakfast not included, buffet breakfast available, our room had a washer and dryer. Very clean

Posted by
11164 posts

We loved Queens Gate. Our two rentals with London Perfect were exceptional. Very good service, nice areas.