Please sign in to post.

Which London Hotel?

My sister and I will be staying in London June 25th-July 2nd 2017. My first choice twin is already booked, which was the Lime Tree Hotel. My other choices are B&B Belgravia near Victoria Station, or London House Hotels near the Bayswater Tube Stop. At the end of our stay we will be heading to Heathrow if that makes a difference. Anybody been to either or have thoughts on which one might be better? Thanks!

Posted by
13952 posts

I wonder if Lime Tree is actually booked this far out or if it too soon for reservations? They have been pretty quick to respond to me when I have emailed with questions. I booked in April for Sept.

Otherwise, I have stayed at B&B Belgravia which is about 1/2 a block down from Lime Tree and on the other side of the street. I wound up in the studio apartment and did not like it much. It was much more worn than Lime Tree altho this was in 2013. I also did not like that there was no desk or monitored entrance to the studios. I've not stayed at your other choice.

Many people here like Luna Simone or Cherry Court altho I have stayed at neither.

Posted by
1222 posts

It is booked, I emailed them to ask. Luna Simone is a little more out of the way then I would like. Thanks for the other suggestion!

Posted by
297 posts

We have stayed at the Luna a few times. Really the location is great and they have a bus stop right out side the door and this bus takes you literally everywhere you need to go. We love the area.

Posted by
13952 posts

I also have stayed at The Fielding on a Rick Steves tour. It is near Covent Garden so a different area but I thought I would throw that out there.

I am glad you emailed Lime Tree and are sorry they are full!

Posted by
1222 posts

Out of the way as far as the closest tube stop being near the Circle and District lines for most of our sightseeing. I want to make things as easy for my sister as possible as she has never been. But I'll take another look at the Lime Tree. Thanks!

Posted by
11507 posts

The Nadler.. we loved it.. So convenient. Walk to two tube stations ( Glouchester( sp?) and Earls Court) walk to two good musuems.( Victoria and Albert and Natural History) walk to two grocers ( Sainsbury and Tesco)..

Rooms are small but lovely.. modern nice bathrooms.. down duvets.. and a mini kitchenette( good for late night snacks,, making a cup of tea tea)

Might be out of budget range.. but would stay there again.

Posted by
1222 posts

Thanks for your advice everyone! Talked with my sister and after much debate, and comparison of prices, we went with London House Hotels.

Posted by
5678 posts

I think you'll like the area. I stayed in that area many years ago and found it quite convenient. And I recently stayed a few blocks closer to Paddington than when you are and was very happy with the location.

Posted by
38 posts

We are currently staying at the Best Western Victoria Palace. It is in a great location, just blocks from Victoria Station. The hotel & our room is very clean. The staff is very knowledgeable & friendly. The breakfast is plentiful & actually tastes good. We will stay here again on our next visit to London.

Posted by
3519 posts

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Victoria (several times actually) with my last stay two years ago. I know, it is a chain property. But it was very affordable, rooms very clean and spacious (for London), included breakfast was good, staff very friendly and helpful, one block from the Pimlico tube station and walking distance to Victoria Station. Last time I stayed there my top floor room actually gave me a view of the Tower of London! The pub in the lobby actually had a fine selection of scotch and beers and some very interesting people to chat with. Since I was in London to see the sights, I was happy with a clean affordable and nicely located hotel and didn't really care about much more from it.

Posted by
262 posts

We stayed at the Royal Park hotel between Paddington station and Hyde Park. Though we didn't fly out of Heathrow we did fly into there and having the Heathrow express take us to Paddington made for an easy walk to the hotel

Posted by
433 posts

we stayed at the Tune Hotel Kings Cross. It was more that adequate - nothing to complain about.