Please sign in to post.

Which hotel?

The price of the following hotels is within 8 pounds per night for six nights for a single person with ensuite facilities in October. Which should I chose and why? Thanks for your help.
Jubilee Hotel,
Cherry Court,
London House Hotel,
Bayswater Inn and
St. David's Hotels

Posted by
521 posts

I’ll be staying at Cherry Court for the second time next week. The rooms are small and it’s not practical for people with mobility issues or lots of luggage because there is no elevator, but it’s clean and charming and the owners are very nice. As a single woman traveling, I felt very safe in this hotel and in the area. It is very near the Victoria train station and the bus station. I was able to get a bus from Heathrow within a five minute walk of the hotel. There are restaurants nearby and inside the train station which is a five minute walk, there are more restaurants and shops.

Posted by
1203 posts

I wish I had seen your post earlier. Have you booked your hotel and if so which one did you decide on? I have stayed at the London House hotel last year and am staying there again at the end of this month. I looked at all the hotels you listed and the websites and out of all of them, I think the London House Hotel and the Bayswater Inn look the best.

I liked the London House Hotel because the price was reasonable, the breakfast room is nice, the breakfast is good ( they have orange juice, coffee, hard boiled eggs, yogart, breads, buffet style and enough to see you through the morning) but for an extra price. I liked the staff, the hotel is clean, has elevators and is near two tube stations which I think is a big plus. Near by is a Boots pharmarcy and lots of shops if you need something a few blocks away are the shops and grocery stores and a few pubs and a bus line. I walked through the park to get to Kensington Palace from the hotel which was easy as I toured the palace last year. It also has air conditioning which was nice as the room got a little stuffy I was able to use the a/c.

Bayswater Inn is right near the London House Hotel. As I said those two look the best to me and I enjoyed my stay at the London House Hotel.

Like to hear what you decided. Always looking at the best hotels as I like London and hope to go back even after this trip.

Posted by
192 posts

I have not booked yet. Wife is having surgery, so the trip is on hold. Thanks for your reply.

Posted by
1203 posts

I am sorry to hear that! Hopefully the surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery. Best wishes to you and your wife.

If you do go to London, whenever, I would book the London House Hotel out of the choices you listed. I went back and checked the reviews of the Bayswater Inn and they were horrible. I was shocked because the website was excellent. The reviews for the London House were very good.

Thank you for replying.

Best, Ann