Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Oxford

My husband and I will be staying in Oxford for one night. We would like a quiet place. It doesn’t need to be near the University, reasonably priced. Any recommendations?

Posted by
7307 posts

We stayed at the Malmaisin Oxford which is a former prison updated with some iconic design choices! It was easy to take the Heathrow Airport bus (reserved ahead) to Oxford. We walked around Oxford and ate a nice dinner at our hotel.

Posted by
904 posts

Ok, I love the idea of a prison hotel! Did not know that existed in Oxford--next time. We stayed at The Randolph Hotel, by Graduate Hotels for five nights. As a fan of the television series, Morse, I had to stay and drink a toast to Morse in the Morse Bar. The rooms were very nice and spacious, centrally located in Oxford and had wonderful seating areas in the downstairs. Check out the photos on their website. I hope you love Oxford as much as I do. Perhaps you'll be able to wander through Christ Church College or Magdalen College, my favorites.

Posted by
1 posts

It maybe too late or wrong time but we stayed in student housing at Christ Church college which encluded breakfast at the dining hall when the Harry Potter movies were shot. We also did a walking tour of the old part of the cit around the colleges.

Posted by
6522 posts

We liked the Mercure Oxford Eastgate Hotel, clean and comfortable, close to Magdalen College and one of the stops for The Airline coach (bus) service from Heathrow, if that matters. I don't remember any noise issues, our room was in the back.

If you'll have a car, though, you'll probably want a place farther from the center.