Please sign in to post.

where to stay in London

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. You've been so helpful. With taking our grown son this time, we have a new situation. I don't think we all want to stay in one room. That means two rooms or we've never stayed in anything but a hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to stay that would be more roomy and perhaps more economical in London? Thanks!

Posted by
1833 posts

For roomy and a convenient location you might like a one bedroom apartment (with sofa bed in the living room) at Citadines' Trafalgar Square. It includes a mini-kitchen.

Posted by
8575 posts

I haven't stayed here yet, but I am traveling with my adult son in May and we are planning to stay here. The location is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel I usually stay in, not far from the bus and not too far from the tube. The price was quite reasonable. The owner has been excellent with information and communication.
https://www.vrbo.com/439545ha?adultsCount=2&arrival=2022-05-02&departure=2022-05-08&unitId=1065757

Posted by
6762 posts

In 2015 we stayed at what is now the Meliá London Kensington a block from the Gloucester tube stop. I think we stayed in room 101. Believe its suites might suit you. Upon entering there was a smaller room with a sofa bed and its own tv. Then you entered the main room. We stayed in one room while my daughter stayed in the other. We all shared the bathroom. It worked out well.

Posted by
3039 posts

The Victoria neighborhood in London is where you’ll find budget lodging.

Posted by
8836 posts

I’d go with adjoining rooms at a Premier Inn. Or 2 separate rooms.

Could also research the Vancouver Studio apartments on Princes Square.

Posted by
15614 posts

There are numerous hotels with one bedroom suites. That means there is a living room--usually with a convertable sofa bed and a separate bedroom.

Or you could get two separate rooms each with it's own bathroo. For an adult son, is a connecting room really that necessary.

Or you could look at "serviced apartments." These are short term apartments run ike a hotel.

Posted by
963 posts

We have had good luck with Airbnb in London. We like Mayfair, Chelsea and West Kensington neighborhoods.