Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in London

I have a choice of staying at two hotels in London.

Hilton Hyde park or Hilton Tower Bridge. Which one should I stay at for my 7 nights in London?

Posted by
661 posts

Tower Bridge. This is my fav part of town, super pretty at night. Lots to do along the south bank.

Hyde Park Hilton is fine also, but i prefer Tower Bridge area. Both nice hotels.

Why not do 3nights in one and 3nights in the other?

Posted by
16239 posts

Love the Tower Bridge location. We spent three weeks in a flat near there last May and could not have been happier. It is especially nice if you like to walk, as the Thames Path on the south bank Is free of traffic and offers wonderful views.

Posted by
23 posts

the tower bridge location is across the river I am wondering if that is not convient.

Posted by
2506 posts

Personally I would go for Hyde Park as there is greenery across the road. Tower Bridge is a tad more urban.

Both are fine.

Toss a coin and don't overthink it.

Posted by
3098 posts

What do you mean "across the river"? The Tower Bridge Hilton is on the same side as the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theater, Borough Market, National Theater, Shard, and many shops and restaurants. Easy walk across Tower Bridge to the Tower of London and easy tube connections at Tower Hill station.

Posted by
661 posts

Across the river i'm guessing means south side, and it's true the tube is very sparce south of the Thames. But being almost right on the river that doesn't matter. Tower Hill, Monument, Bermondsey and London Bridge tube stops all very close.

Posted by
4517 posts

Definitely split your time between the two. You can walk to almost all London sites from one or the other!

Posted by
824 posts

I'm assuming you are either 1) using Hilton Honors points or 2) trying to amass Hilton Honors points. For the price of the stay in either of those hotels (cash price), you could stay in a rather nice holiday apartment in zone 1 and be much more comfortable. I guess a lot depends on what you plan to do in London. The Hyde Park location is more convenient for getting to and from Heathrow and is easily walkable to the Palace and other sites in central London. But, on the other hand, the Tower Bridge location is close to the Borough Market.