Please sign in to post.

Westminster Abbey tickets

Question…….will be in London 5/25/23 and want to buy tickets to enter Westminster Abbey and the Queen’s Chambers……trying to take care of that now and their calendar says the tickets are not available to purchase……is this because of the coronation? I thought this would not be too early for purchase yet I cannot seem to get through the website to buy them…….any help here is appreciated ……thank you!

Posted by
114 posts

Jane, I have checked the site for tickets several times. Up until this morning they showed the February and March calendars. I thought today they would add the April calendar, but only the March is showing. So I am curious as well.

Posted by
457 posts

I'm going mid April and can't buy tickets yet ... I check just about every day so I'm ready when they are available ... checked this morning thinking maybe the following month's tickets would be available but not yet ... also noticed that there are many tickets still left for March dates so it's not as if you'll need to get them right away, especially since they are non-refundable just in case your plans change.

Posted by
7 posts

I too am looking to purchase Abbey tix for May 19 and can't get past April. Does anyone have any insight?

Posted by
5882 posts

I'm just looking at the Abbey website and can see that there are lots of tickets available for every weekday in April (except April 7 when the Abbey is closed for Good Friday) up until April 24, after which the Abbey closes completely for the Coronation.
From the closure notice dated 6 March, on the Abbey website- "Visitor tickets for May - July will be available in the coming weeks."

Posted by
1872 posts

They seem to release tickets about a month in advance. Keep checking the website!

Posted by
3874 posts

Drat, we arrive April 24. Oh well, plenty of other sights to see around London.

Posted by
5882 posts

Booking is actually now open to the end of July

Posted by
875 posts

Thank you so much for your help! It is certainly appreciated.