Please sign in to post.

Westminster Abbey Hidden Highlights Tour ending September 2024

I am putting this information in its own titled thread in case anyone is thinking of trying to secure tickets in the future. I emailed Westminster Abbey yesterday about this tour and earlier today received a response from their Visitor Experience Team.

Unfortunately they will not be offering the Hidden Highlights Tour after the September dates.

The email said the Medieval Monasteries tour will still include JC but parts like the sacristy, the library and Nursery Chapel won’t be accessible anymore. Also, admittance to the Diamond Jubilee Galleries isn’t included in the MM tour price.

I know many forum members really enjoyed this Hidden Highlights Tour. I hope the Medieval Monasteries Tour is also well received.

Posted by
1948 posts

This is SO unfortunate. I have been to the Abbey so many times and always loved it. I had also taken the Verger Tour. The Hidden Highlights tour I took in October 2022 was fabulous. I liked the monastery ruins (including a few bones still lying where they were found), but I most enjoyed going to the Dean's area (he happened to be there and said hi to all of us.) I'm happy the Jerusalem Chamber where Henry IV died will still be included.. I liked the old library, too, but I LOVED the Queen's Gallery and the view down to the floor of the Abbey. Thanks for providing this sad news though.

Posted by
7558 posts

I wonder if the new Monasteries tour will still include the area where they found the bones. That was pretty interesting. Oh, wait, I just remembered that was part of the sacristy. I'm sure it will be a very cool tour, though. I'm not sure how my grandkids would feel about a guided tour otherwise I would sign us up for that.