Please sign in to post.

Westminster Abbey

This group has been so helpful. I am arriving on a Friday to London the first week of September. I have heard the crowds are heavy at Westminster Abbey. I want to do the Hidden Highlights tour and plan to book online if I can. I also want to tour Buckingham Palace. Wondering if the crowds might be a bit better on a Friday at Westminster Abbey, assuming the Buckingham Palace tours are limited in size and I could do that on a Saturday. I am back to the airport on Sunday overnight for another tour.
Any thoughts?

Posted by
1950 posts

I'll let someone who lives in England respond on which day might be less crowded. I doubt any of them are really less crowded as the Abbey is lovely and very popular. I can tell you I took the Highlights tour in 2022 and VERY MUCH enjoyed it. I have heard later in the day is generally less crowded, so you might check when the last Highlights tour is & then tour the rest of the Abbey after that. I was also lucky enough to tour Buckingham Palace pre-pandemic and all I can say is WOW. I kept imagining Daniel Craig & Her Majesty and corgis coming down the hallway.......

Posted by
7633 posts

If I remember correctly, there are only 2 HH tours a day. The first is at 10 am and the 2nd is at 12:15 pm. And like Laurie Beth, I highly recommend it! It was wonderful!

Posted by
972 posts

I just attended the Sunday Evensong service. Magical. Very special place indeed.

Posted by
10 posts

Evensong is something I am interested in. The Sunday time would be perfect for me. Thanks for everyone's feedback.