Please sign in to post.

Wales

We are looking at spending 8 days in Wales in June, and we really want to see many of the world heritage or national trust sites.( 2 adults and no children) Are there any recommendations for where to stay and what itinerary would be best to get the best experience. Need help please...

Posted by
1005 posts

Rick's Great Britain book has good coverage of north Wales, which is the most scenic part of the country in my opinion. I'd stay in Conwy or Caernarfon and do day trips to other sights. The castles are amazing in north Wales--well preserved and full of history--plus there are mine tours, seaside villages, slate cottages, and a tremendous garden at Bodnant Garden. You'll love it.

Posted by
1448 posts

We toured north Wales and loved it. We bought a pass to see all the castles. CADW Pass appears to be the current version. Check it out online. There are plenty of B&Bs throughout Wales. Listings are available at most Tourist Info Offices and online. We stayed at a sheep farm that was built on a Roman foundation. Bets-y-coed is a beautiful place to stay. You can catch the mountain excursion train there. Beaumaris and Harlech Castles are in beautiful locations. Not all of Edwards castles are covered by the National Trust Pass. Driving is necessary to really get around easiy.