Please sign in to post.

Visiting Nottingham and Lincoln, May 2022

I want to visit Lincoln Cathedral as well as see the Robin Hood statue in Nottingham. Obviously, seeing the statue and taking selfies won’t take too long, what else should I consider seeing in the area? There was a pub in Nottingham which claimed to date back to the Crusades, did it survive Covid? Hopefully the ales don’t date back to Richard the Lionhearted!

Posted by
32747 posts

are you going all the way back through Lincolnshire again, or are you going on somewhere else?

Are you on the train or using a car for this jaunt?

Posted by
2026 posts

We drove to beautiful 16C Burghley House about 40 some miles away when we stayed in Lincoln, and a visit to the nearby pretty town of Stamford. Maureen Ash has some murder mysteries set in Lincoln that might be fun reading. Don’t quote me, but I think I just read that The Great Pyramid was the tallest man made structure on earth until Lincoln Cathedral. Safe travels.

Posted by
1325 posts

As of right now, I intend to do just one night staying in Nottingham, I’ll be heading to London the next afternoon on a train. I will be arriving into Nottingham also by train, from somewhere in the north of England, most likely Liverpool