Please sign in to post.

Visa for 2024 england and scotland

I was wondering if I need to do that new visa requirement to visit England and Scotland in march of 24.

Posted by
9606 posts

Neither England nor Scotland are covered by ETIAS (although i understand the UK may be preparing a similar program, but I don't know what the timeline is for that ).

Posted by
5835 posts

The new ETA for the UK will certainly not be in force for Americans by March 2024. It is having a very soft start for the residents of a few Gulf countries. By next March it will still only be in Phase 2 of that soft start. There is no date for it's more general introduction.

This is the official Government web page- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta

Posted by
5331 posts

The new ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) starts being deployed from the 15 November for nationals of Qatar and in February for nationals of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, & United Arab Emirates. When other nationalities are to be added remains to be announced. The currently announced group already have to apply for an electronic waiver on older system.

Posted by
32813 posts

bhamm32000, are you from one of those named countries?

Posted by
10 posts

I am from the United States. I heard about this from the news and I wasn't sure if that applied to me. Thanks for your help.