Please sign in to post.

Visa

We now have our tickets to travel to England the last week in August/first part of September. It was rumored people might need Visa's now. I looked on the website and it says no visa needed now. Does anyone know of anything different? I guess it's a matter of continuing to check on this to see if things change? I don't know how long it takes to get a visa if it changes.

Posted by
8889 posts

Sharon, this has been rumbling around for years. The dispute has been raised a notch, of course papers misinterpreted it and wrote misleading headlines. This may happen, but it will be in months if not years, and depends on whether the US government is ready to compromise.

It is to do with the Schengen Area (not the UK). Because the US requires visas from citizens of some EU countries, the EU has been threatening to do the same to US citizens. It is physically not possible to just demand visas for entering those countries, because of open borders. If the US demands visas from more EU countries, it could suddenly escalate.

Posted by
32885 posts

No, not from North America, at least not yet

You may soon need one to go from England to Scotland.

Posted by
8710 posts

Thanks MrsEB.

Impressed you know everything

Although a bit confused after so many trips to London that you haven't a clue about the World Duty Free Store at Heathrow.

Have another wonderful visit. Hope you find a sense of humor.