Please sign in to post.

Virgin Atlantic

Has anyone had a refund from this airline for flights lost due to Covid 19?
I sense VA are not going to make refunds, but will liquidate. They have made it difficult to contact them, and say they will contact customers if you send a number a text, and then do not.

Posted by
5 posts

No email addresses in UK have worked, they now return as undeliverable. The phone numbers for UK are all disconnected except for sales. The customer service number is an auto response giving a number to text, see above.

Posted by
8659 posts

Thanks for clarifying you are in the UK trying to contact Virgin Atlantic.

Wish I knew to tell what to do other than possibly making your way to Heathrow but unless you are close probably a waste of time and effort.

I’m unaware of news here in the States regarding VA liquidating. Are you hearing news reports in the UK?

What does your credit card company advise? Did you stop payment?

Posted by
32735 posts

none of that here.... money £200,000,000 from Branson last week, the group put in $250,000,000 today.

they are doing everything they can to keep it afloat

no sign at all of liquidation

Posted by
266 posts

Getting a refund from VA has been a chore. The communications from them have been very pleasant but not remotely satisfying until now. Here is my story.

I have been waiting for a refund from VA since my March 19 flight from San Francisco to London was cancelled. As I reported in another thread I used text to initiate and follow up on my refund. so that I would have some elctronic trail rather that phone conversations. Long delays occurred. At one point early on I was informed in the text that it could be 90 days. Arrgh!

On occasion I would get a text that it would someday be processed. In my texts I gave them various contact information. Ultimately I received an email with similar information. Then a few weeks ago I got another email that said 40 days was the magic number. Then about a week later a smilar email with no mention of the 40 days, just a vauge promise.

Low and behold a few days ago, on July 3 I received a refund confirmation email with an official accounting and notification that my refund is processed and that I should expect it to be refunded to my credit card. So far it is not on my credit card but it often takes a few days. I will post again after it actually appears. finally I am optomitic that all will be well. Perseverance furthers.

Here is the contact information for the refund email initially received form VA. I resonded to this email and receive a reply so I suggest that you and others use this . Good Luck!

refunds.hq@fly.virgin.com

Refunds Department
PO BOX 1243
The Base
Fleming Way
CRAWLEY
RH10 0HW

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks MA, most positive comment to date, I hope it all works.
With regard to the earlier comment about Branson putting money in, there is no verification of this anywhere. He said he would mortgage Neckar and sell part of Virgin Galactica in April, so far no deal done. VA has run at a loss for two years and has no cash. I paid for tickets in January for flights in May and VA has spent that.

Posted by
5 posts

MA. VA has been saying no refunds until 120 days. Looking at your timescales you may be the first to a refund with 120 days since your flight date getting close, I wish you luck. It is rumoured here that the 120 days was Branson's timescale for a Govt bailout or liquidation. No Govt bailout looks likely, the newspapers say administrators have been selected, but no names of course until or if the event occurs.

Posted by
759 posts

Many years ago Richard Branson was asked about future career advice. The college student asked him what was the quickest way to become a millionaire. His rather (now) telling answer was to be a billionaire and start an airline.

Posted by
5 posts

Dave. Thanks for that, this has been going on a while with nothing announced by financial press or stock exchange. I wish it were true to provide some relief for travellers who unfortunately used VA. Many other airlines and travel companies have refunded. When the dust settles perhaps we as travellers should remember how different companies behaved to their travelling clientele.

Posted by
5326 posts

What I don't see from a quick look at the article is that as well as trying to raise £900M there is a plan B if this can't be done which is a pre-pack administration where the debts of the current company will be left behind.

Posted by
759 posts

Be careful in future considerations as to how certain airlines treated customers to pick an airline....many airlines received billions in government funds and those airline ticket refunds are not airline money but government money. Of course losing thousands of dollars on an unused ticket is concerning.... but folks need to realize NO airline has the funds to make full and complete refunds. None. They are using what limited income they have and government bailout funds.