Please sign in to post.

Van Gogh Exhibit at Tate Britain, March 27 - August 11, 2019

While browsing the London 2-4-1 offers I discovered an upcoming special Van Gogh exhibition at the Tate Britain. It runs from March 27 through August 11. Although in theory a 2-4-1 deal should be available, in my experience special impressionist exhibitions tend to be extremely popular and subject to sell-outs, probably especially on weekends and toward the end of the run. I think this makes relying on the 2-4-1 deal to cut the cost of this very expensive exhibition (£22, £20 for seniors) quite risky, especially for those planning summer trips to London.

I recommend that those for whom this exhibition is a top goal monitor ticket availability on the Tate website and be ready to purchase at full price if time slots around the travel period are beginning to sell out. The tickets are already on sale.

Posted by
11315 posts

Thank you! We have a short London stay in the spring. Might have to do this!

Posted by
248 posts

@OP: Thanks for the heads up on this.
And anyone going to Amsterdam can actually see more than half of Van Gogh's paintings (that are not in private collections) in one visit by visiting the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam and then taking the train about an hour east of Amsterdam to the Kroller-Mueller Museum. You'll see roughly 250-275 of his paintings at those two venues, which are the largest and 2nd largest collection of Van Goghs in the world.

Posted by
13931 posts

Thank you acraven (and also Rebecca who alerted me to this thread!). I'll be in Paris on March 27 so could potentially do a day trip over on Eurostar. I checked and currently I can get a ticket for $47 each way (yes, that website is quoting in USD). Now off to look at the exhibition.

I'll be doing the RS Belgium and Holland tour so will go to the VanGogh Museum in Amsterdam on my free time then so.....