Please sign in to post.

Two Together Rail Card

I would like to purchase a Two Together Rail Card. Is it possible to purchase online now and pickup card upon arrival at Kings Cross? I would like to purchase some advance train tickets online and will click on the Two Together Rail Card to gain the reduced fare. I have already purchased one advance ticket from London to Edinburgh and realize now that I should have researched rail cards more closely. Also, would I be able to use this rail card in Scotland? I am hoping Unclegus and Nigel can help. Thank you to all who can advise me. I am eager to advance purchase my return from Edinburgh to London via Durham.

Posted by
2507 posts

Yes you can buy online but you need a UK address.

If you don't have a UK address then the easiest way is to purchase your Advance tickets online indicating you have the railcard. Then buy the railcard in person when you're at a station. You must have the card when you travel.

Yes you can use the card in sunny Scotland.

Posted by
32746 posts

You can get it at a train station wherever you are in the country. It is valid for a year, and both people named on it need to be present for the full duration of a journey using the card.

No reason to get it ahead. Just use the discount when buying the ticket - note the time and day restrictions - and present it at the barriers and to the guards/conductors/train managers/ticket inspectors.

You can freely use the card up north where they paint their faces blue, but depending on the vote on Thursday which has already stood the country on its head, you may need to have your passport checked and pass profiling before you can come back.

Posted by
41 posts

One thing to remember to bring with you when buying the Two Together pass are passport photos of the people that will be named on the pass. If you don't have them then go to the nearest post office and use the self serve photo booth. Cost is £5 for 5 photos. Total cost for the pass and the photos is £40. We recently purchased our pass and have already recouped the cost :-)