Please sign in to post.

Two Together rail card

It looks as though I can't purchase this online from the states. If we buy the card at Paddington (or Heathrow?) will we need to bring our own passport sized photos? I understand we can still book our train tickets with the discount as long as we show the travel card when boarding, is this correct? Thanks in advance, Jenny

Posted by
542 posts

Jenny, you are correct. You can't buy it online here in the states and you should bring your own passport sized photos. I believe their website specifies the size. Go ahead and buy train tickets using the discount but be sure to buy the Two Together card before you use those tickets. If you're planning a lot of train travel, it's a great deal.

Posted by
8373 posts

Another tip. You can print out the application from the website and have it completed in advance.

Posted by
16893 posts

You may well find a self-service photo booth in the train station (I haven't checked), but would probably be more comfortable to bring photos from home.

Posted by
2497 posts

We took the photos in the Waterloo train station. Very easy to do and then just stood in line to get the actual card.

Posted by
27107 posts

Is this one of those situations in which you can use a photocopy of your passport photo, either cropped to the required size or reduced to that size?

Posted by
116 posts

Thanks for all the info, everyone! We'll fill out the forms ahead of time and get some pictures at Costco. Such a great money saver! Thank you for the tips. Jenny

Posted by
53 posts

Personally, I brought the passport photo like you plan to. I see they now have a digital railcard that looks like you can get one right away.

Have you tried buying the digital railcard?

Posted by
89 posts

Jenny, I went Saturday to get my passport photo at Costco. Its now $5.99 for 4 (still a bargain). I got there at 10am and by 10;15 I had my photos and was on my way.

Posted by
116 posts

Update: I did try to apply online for a digital card like Troxstar suggested, but it wouldn't take my payment. I used the same card I used for all my online bookings but it just wouldn't work. Got the error message. Tried a different card, same thing. I'm guessing there won't be much of a line for passport photos at Costco these days, sadly. Thanks everyone!