Please sign in to post.

Tube or Taxi?

We are 4 people arriving by train at Kings Cross on Saturday June 10. We will be traveling with carry-on luggage. Our apartment is in Kensington near the Barons Court Tube Station. Should we take the Tube (Piccadilly Line?) - or- pile the 4 of us into a taxi - or something else? If traveling alone, I would just take the Tube. I'm wondering if a taxi might be better than buying 4 tickets on the Tube.

Posted by
239 posts

King's Cross to Kensington by taxi sounds a bit pricey to me. As it isn't a weekday, and so no rush hour, I'd vote for the Tube unless you luggage is realy heavy.

Posted by
5326 posts

Never buy 'tickets' for the tube unless you can afford to burn money as well. Unless you meant 4 oyster cards ...

Posted by
2506 posts

Tube is £2.40 (off peak) with a contactless card or £4.90 cash.

Up to you if you want to to take a taxi - I wouldn't.

Posted by
16241 posts

Four of you plus carry-on luggage is not a problem in a London black cab. We have done it several times. I am willing to pay extra to stay above ground, especially with luggage. Plus you get some sightseeing on the way.

Posted by
661 posts

King's Cross to Barron's Court on the Piccadilly line is simple. Get Oyster cards though and it will be chaper than a taxi, even for four of you.

Posted by
140 posts

OK. Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. It looks like about 10 GBP for the Tube with oyster cards, about 35 GBP for the Taxi. It's oyster cards then.