Please sign in to post.

Trouping the colours

Found out that this will be happening while my husband and I will be there! How does the ticket raffle work? What are the chances of a tourist getting a ticket?

Posted by
6113 posts

I googled this and found that the ballot for 2019 is now closed and all tickets have sold.

Tickets are available for a much scaled back rehearsal the day before the actual parade, but of course, no royalty will be present.

Posted by
120 posts

sorry the previous poster is incorrect. The rehearsals take place on the two previous Saturdays and although the Royals are not there everything else is the same. \if you cannot get tickets for the parade itself then the rehearsals are well worth going to.

Posted by
991 posts

Even if you don't have a ticket for the parade in Horseguards, you can stand either side of the Mall leading to Buckingham Palace and watch the procession. There maybe several layers of spectators - so get to the Mall early and find your spot. The procession will leave the Palace, come down the Mall, into Horseguards for the parade and then return up the Mall to Buckingham Palace. If you are in London this day, this is not to be missed. You will get to see many members of the Royal family either in carriages or on horseback. Its spectacular!
Margaret

Posted by
8663 posts

Agree stake out a spot early. I’d travel via the tube to Piccadilly Circus and then walk Down Regent Street toward the Crimean War Memorial. Keep walking pass it and you’ll find three sets of stairs that exit onto the Mall. Hopefully they won’t block this area off.

Look on Google maps satellite and street view to see what I mean.

Truly something you should try to see because no one does traditional pomp and circumstance better than the British.