Can someone please help plan a week between Hastings and Canterbury? Two of us are taking the train from London to Hastings in Saturday 12 October. We want to see the re-enactment if the Battle of Hastings. Thinking two or three nights in that area, then we want to see Rye and the Seven Sisters. On 17 October, we expect to be in Canterbury for 3 nights. I have several questions and then I would love any and all advice and suggestions you can give us:
1. Should we book our nights in Hastings or Battle?
2. Is there transportation to the re-enactment, if we are staying in Hastings?
3. Is 3 nights enough in Hastings/Battle?
4. Should I rent a car for our trip to Rye and on to Canterbury?
5. Any suggestions for quirky and quaint lodgings in these towns? Rye especially.
6. What’s the name of your favorite places for oysters on the coast? We are going to make a day trip to Whitstable, while in Canterbury. Any names of local oyster gems?
7. We also want to see Dover Castle. Am I trying to do too much in one week? We can stay longer. 😀
AM I ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS? 😞
Thank you, my traveling friends!!!