Please sign in to post.

Trip to London

I'm going to London with my 12 and 16 yo any suggestions for places to stay for 5 nights?

Posted by
11294 posts

What is your budget, in pounds? Terms like "moderate price" mean different things to different people.

Posted by
44 posts

The Lynton will be in that price range. It's mentioned in the London book, we've stayed there a couple of times, and in fact I just booked a couple of nights in May.

It's convenient to Victoria Station, and there are plenty of dining choices within all budgets very close by.

Posted by
32209 posts

sdan,

A price of £60-100 is probably a bit "light" for London hotels, especially for a triple room and in the Victoria Station area. If you want the cheapest accommodation possible, you could also look at Hostels.

The hotel suggested in the previous reply would be a good place to start.

Posted by
3757 posts

Ken is right. Start looking at hostels. There is a good one near St. Paul's that is a YHA. It is centrally located for sightseeing, and does not have the reputation for being one of those party hostels.

Posted by
3757 posts

You can look for inexpensive hotels and B&B's in the Bayswater area. This is the area between Paddington Station and Hyde Park. Here is a page from the website "London Toolkit" that lists several hotels:
http://www.londontoolkit.com/accommodation/bayswater.htm

You have good transportation options in that area. London city buses run along Bayswater Road and you can use them to get to most of the tourist attractions. There are several tube stations in that area; another good way to get around London, riding the tube.

You may be interested in Comfort Inn Hyde Park, a 3 star hotel which offers doubles from £62 room. You can always get a roll-away bed to be added to the room if you need just one more twin bed for an extra person.