Please sign in to post.

Travel insurance

We will be in England and France in June. We've always purchased travel insurance and then went to evacuation insurance. I'm wondering with Covid going on now, what sort of travel insurance are you purchasing?

Posted by
365 posts

I’m not traveling anywhere that needs it (yet) but I will remind you since you mention a trip in about a month that many have a clause that only covers expenses made within a certain amount of time prior to paying for insurance. Or other such exclusions.

Do your homework!

Posted by
8417 posts

I use my Medicare Advantage coverage for health care costs (It covers urgent and emergency care worldwide). I use my Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits for most other travel issues. I buy a Medjet membership for worst case/medical evacuation scenarios.

I do pay a monthly premium for Medicare Advantage and a yearly fee for Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits so it would not be accurate to say that they were free. It is accurate to say that I would pay those costs anyway so that part of my travel insurance coverage is at no additional cost. The Medjet policy is really to cover against the cost of medical evacuation if an accident were to occur. If you look at some of their customer videos about their experience, it is pretty amazing how they transport back to US or even across the US.