Please sign in to post.

travel in london

time is soon for june trip. a question regarding purchase of advance tickets. Can i purchase these tickets now and upon arrival in UK purchase a two Together railcard at a train station. how do i then go about getting the discount refund on the advance tickets I purchased? i have looked at rail sites but did not see this question answered. Also can i load the railcard onto an oyster card upon arrival in London? Please explain how. Last at least for now ,I thought I had seen a comment on here that one can share afternoon tea. is this acceptable and can it be done, thinking of going to Fortnum and Mason while in London. thanks so much

Posted by
4037 posts

Go straight to the info sources:

https://tfl.gov.uk/ All about the regional mass transit, including a valuable trip planner, with prices. Oyster explained.

www.seat61.com All about railroads almost anywhere, including purchase strategies.

Posted by
2501 posts

You can buy Advance tickets online indicating you have a railcard. Then, at the station, buy the railcard before your first journey.

You can't add a railcard to an Oyster card.

Posted by
32704 posts

a Railcard (except Disabled Railcard) is not valid on purchases made with an Oyster, nor on buses, trams, or tubes (unless part of a through ticket requiring cross-London connection of train termini) - for example - a through ticket from York to Exeter which involves a connection from Kings Cross station to Paddington station - the ticket would have a dagger symbol or "+" symbol. This is a special case....

Posted by
470 posts

Just to make clear you can get a discount on Oyster with a Senior RailCard ( and some others) but not a Two Together one