Please sign in to post.

Travel from Heathrow to Cardiff

We are flying in to Heathrow on June 7 and are looking at taking a bus from Heathrow to Cardiff. Has anyone done this or is there some other way to travel to Cardiff?

Posted by
8889 posts

Easiest way is to get a train from Heathrow to London Paddington station, and another train from there to Cardiff.
It is a small amount of doubling back, but you are lucky in that Paddington is the station both for Heathrow and Cardiff. Trains are a lot faster and more comfortable than buses.
There is currently some disruption on the Heathrow trains (see post here for more details), but hopefully this will all be history by June.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks for the information. I will look into the suggestion of the train as it will probably save time and I have been on both buses and trains in England and the train is definitely more comfortable.

Posted by
5326 posts

From Terminal 5 the Railair coach to Reading will beat a rail journey into and out of London timewise but it is your choice. Fairly even from T2/3.

There is also an hourly direct coach service taking 3 hours or a little more depending on terminals and intermediate stops. At best this is 15 minutes slower than the train.

Posted by
91 posts

Hello , I have traveled from London to Cardiff on the train , bus and by car. The train is the best for all three I think. All three times I arrived from the USA Heathrow or Gatwick " 8 hours or more " then went straight to Cardiff. I have friends in Cardiff , wonderful little cafe's , countryside pubs to stop and enjoy the food and scenery.