Please sign in to post.

Tower of London tickets

The web site to purchase tickets states - must use tickets within seven days from the date you select. We want to purchase tickets ahead of time and print at home before we leave on Sept. 16 to go to the Tower on Sept. 24.

Does the site mean we selected our tickets on the 16th and must go within in 7 days of that date? Or, does it mean we selected the 24th as the day to go so the tickets must be used with 7 days of that date?

There's absolutely no point in buying tickets in advance. Get there at opening time, buy tickets, easy.

Advance tickets won't let you bypass any security queue.

Posted by
593 posts

Jane makes a good point but if you want to buy your tickets ahead of time from their website, you designate the beginning date that starts the 7 day validity period.

Posted by
631 posts

Oh I found the discounted entry fee was point enough for me to buy my tickets online.

Posted by
2023 posts

We took our tween girls to TOL in April. There was no line and it was pointed out to us that since we were four in our group we would get the family rate.

Posted by
771 posts

We were there in the beginning of June on a Monday and arrived a half hour prior to opening. The lines for both ticket holders (those who had pre-purchased and London Pass holders) and ticket purchasers were already long. The ticket windows didn't open until opening time (10 AM on Mondays) so if you didn't have tickets, you had to wait on both lines, to buy tickets and to go through security. There was no holding places in line while a family member bought tickets either, as they checked for tickets and made those who couldn't show tickets leave the line and wait.
A major advantage of getting in as early as possible is to be able to go directly to the building housing the Crown Jewels. We walked in with no line, and by the time we left there was a massive line waiting to get in. We did stop first to pick up the audio tour which can be done in any order, since the stops are all numbered.

Posted by
1172 posts

It is 7 days from the day you picked on the web e.g. if you pick September 24th it will be 7 days from September 24th
As others have pointed out, you have to exchange your confirmation for an actual ticket when you get on site. That window opens at the same time as the tower does.. the silliest thing I have ever seen

Posted by
593 posts

You can have the actual tickets mailed to you (no charge) if you want to go directly to the entrance queue. You have plenty of time--I think I received my ticket in the mail within 2 weeks. Just don't leave them at home!