Please sign in to post.

Tower of London

Please tell me how to best experience all the Tower has to offer. I’ve read about the opening, the closing, the Key. I just don’t want to miss a thing. We are staying close by. Thank you. From the Tower we can access a boat to Westminster and back?

Posted by
205 posts

Tickets for Ceremony of the Keys go on sale the first business day of the month after that... that is Sept 2023 tickets became available Aug 1, 2023.
These became available around 4pm British time, 11am in the ET of the USA, but that time is not always the release time.
Keep watch on the Tower of London official site - https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london - to monitor the time for releasing the tickets for the time you want to attend.

Posted by
1835 posts

Arrive first thing and head for the Crown Jewels before the queus start. Then do a Yeoman Warder tour. Then wander and absorb the atmosphere!

Posted by
38 posts

Noted. My daughter is a jewelry lover so yes indeed we will first do the jewelry section and then the Yeoman tour. Thanks.

Posted by
72 posts

I would agree with others that when you go to the Tower of London go to the Crown Jewels first.
I tried to attend a Yeoman warder tour but the group was so large that I couldn't hear the Yeoman.
When we went we probably spent 6 hours there.
There are ferries that go from Tower of London to Westminster.

Posted by
8383 posts

Uber Boats go from Tower Pier (next to the tower) to Westminster. Don't let the name fool you, they are scheduled service and you can use your oyster card on them if you like.

Posted by
38 posts

After our hours spent at ToL including lunch, can we get a double decker bus whose route would pass some iconic buildings. Does the bus route begin close to Tower? And if we simply stay on the bus will it eventually return to its origin? We could then return to our hotel and freshen for dinner.